The Togolese Government on Thursday decided on new restrictive measures, as part of the fight against the coronavirus in the western African country.
These decisions were taken, in the face of the continuous increase in cases, and after the various consultations carried out with the scientific council and the various actors.
These measures, applicable from this Friday, are as follows:
• Ban on all cultural, sporting and political events for a period of one (1) month from September 10, 2021
• Ban on all celebrations of civil, religious and traditional marriages, for a period of one (1) month from September 10, 2021
• Closure of all places of worship for a period of one (1) month from September 10, 2021
• Ban on funerals
• Request for authorization from the prefect for burial ceremonies (15 people maximum)
• Closure of large bars, discotheques and nightclubs. The list of bars concerned will be the subject of an order of the Minister responsible for recreation
• Prohibition of workshops and physical meetings for a period of one (1) month from September 10, 2021. Administrations are invited to favor virtual meetings, if necessary, subject access to the presentation of proof vaccination
• Presentation of proof of vaccination to access administrative buildings
Those responsible for each sector (transport, crafts, commerce, etc.) are invited to continue consultation in order to ensure that the measures are respected and, if necessary, jointly define the most appropriate solutions to guarantee strict application.
As a reminder, Togo currently has 4,790 active cases and 203 deaths now, with nearly 20 deaths recorded in the first week of September.
Source : icilome.com